ByOn July 17, 2013
Texas has passed 500 executions in the modern era since the 1976 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that the death penalty was constitutional. Texas conducted its first execution after the ruling in 1982.
To express your opposition to any execution, you can contact Governor Rick Perry’s office at 512 463 2000. If you call after business hours, you can leave a voice mail message. During business hours, someone should answer the phone. You can also send a message using a form on Perry’s official website.
503) Douglas Feldman, July 31, 2013
504) Robert Garza, September 19, 2013 (Law of Parties case)
505) Arturo Diaz, September 26, 2013
506) Michael Yowell, October 9, 2013
507) Rigoberto Avila Jr, January 15, 2014